As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We love ground beef recipes. They are hearty for the swimmer and quick to make for mom. Being on a low carb diet makes having casseroles a challenge. I am constantly looking for ways to make keto recipes for my husband and me yet having hearty meals for the kids. One of the things I do is just make sure I have prebrowned hamburger either thanks to the crock pot or brown up multiple pounds when I am making some for a recipe. That is just what I did for this Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole recipe.
Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole recipe is a simple low carb ground beef casserole combining hamburger, swiss cheese, mushrooms and baked for 20 minutes. This keto casserole recipe might be my new favorite recipe.
Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole Ingredients
Simple ingredients keep eating gluten-free, low carb or keto easy. The inspiration for this cheeseburger casserole was this bacon cheeseburger casserole. This recipe is the perfect example of this. No need for elaborate ingredients. Simple ingredients like ground beef, cheese, mushrooms, butter, eggs, cream cheese, cream, mustard, and seasonings.
Brown the hamburger with steak or burger seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and saute the mushrooms with butter. I like to break apart my hamburger with a handy dandy mix and chop masher. It keeps the hamburger nice and small.
When the mushrooms and beef are cooked, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, swiss cheese, mustard, and heavy whipping cream. I use a block Swiss cheese and shred it. Maybe there is preshredded Swiss cheese somewhere, but I can’t find it.
Begin layering the keto mushroom swiss burger casserole by putting the cooked ground beef in an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish. Then follow the beef with the sauteed mushrooms. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the meat and mushrooms. Finally, top off with the remaining Swiss cheese.
Looking for more great keto casserole recipes? We have plenty of keto recipes to share. Be sure to check out the information on how to stock your kitchen for a low-carb diet too.
Easy Keto Casserole Recipes
Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak or burger seasoning
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Brown the ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce and steak seasoning. In another pan, saute the mushrooms in the butter.
- While the beef and mushrooms cook, mix together the heavy whipping cream, eggs, 1 cup of Swiss Cheese, cream cheese and mustard.
- Make the casserole by layering the ground beef in the bottom of the 8" X 8" casserole pan. Next, layer the mushrooms.
- Then pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and beef. Top off with the remaining cup of Swiss Cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on 350 degrees.