Everyone has their secret to the perfectly cooked steaks. It can be the pat of butter at the end of cooking or a special blend of herbs and spices or even the art of choosing the perfect steak. For me, it is cooking it properly to leave it full of flavor. I want flavoring added to the outside of a steak to complement the beef, not overpower it. All-American Steaks require two simple ingredients of Italian dressing and Worcestershire sauce to form a marinade that does its job in 30 minutes and ready for a hot grill.
These steaks are full proof. You can guarantee the money you put into the steaks will turn out just fine when you use this marinade combination to make these All-American Steaks on the grill.
The ingredients for the marinade are simple staples you all should have on hand, Italian Salad Dressing and Worcestershire sauce. Mix these two ingredients together and you are ready to marinade your steaks.
Any steaks will work with this marinade. I used New York strip steaks the other night when I made the All-American steaks. If you prefer ribeyes or sirloins or even flat irons, all those st4eaks will work perfectly fine as well. I let the steaks set in the marinade for 30 minutes before putting on the grill.
How to Grill Steaks?
When I grill steaks, I like to get the grill screaming hot and then throttle the heat back. When I put the steaks on the grill, I like the grill at 400 degrees and then cook the steaks at a steady 350 degrees. Steaks are cooked to a medium-rare finish at our house. For our steaks, we get them cut to an inch and a quarter thick it normally means cooking for 8-10 minutes on each side. If you want your steaks cooked to a more well-done I am not sure how long it will take. At least double the time is my best guess.
The steaks are full of bold flavors that taste so good with a side of creamed spinach and smoked sausage shrimp skewers. I have no recommendation for steak sauce since there is plenty of juice and flavor with the properly cooked steak. Looking for more steak recipes?
- 4 steaks
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine the salad dressing and the Worcestershire sauce. Add the steaks to a large plastic bag and then pour the marinade over the steaks. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to grill, have a grill at 400° when you place the steaks on the grill. Then crank the heat back to 350°.
- For medium to medium-rare steaks that are over an inch thick, it could take about 7 minutes per side to cook. Pay attention to how hot the grill gets.
- When steaks are done cooking, let them sit for 10 minutes before eating.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021