It is no secret that I have a freezer full of beef thanks to the steady supply of beef from my brother's farm. You may notice I have been posting a lot of recipes with beef roasts. Well, it is winter so I can't grill, so we have to eat up our beef roast. I also might be addicted to coffee. Really strong coffee preferably. So, I mixed the two to create this crock pot coffee beef roast.
Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast combines coffee, mushroom, onions, garlic to create a rich and flavorful sauce for a beef roast to slow cook in all day creating a tender and juicy crock pot roast. The beef will literally melt in your mouth.
How to Make Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast
Start by browning a thawed roast in a pan with two tablespoons of oil. (Yes, you other freezer beef gals, get the roast out the night before.) I sprinkled both sides with salt, pepper and some sprinkles of Worcestershire sauce.
Put it in the crock pot on low. Toss mushroom, green onions, and two garlic cloves in the skillet. I used some Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic since I actually had all my garlic go bad:(
When the mushrooms are browned, pour 1 ½ cups of coffee in the pan. I also added 3 shakes of Tobasco and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Pour this whole mixture over your roast in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Come home to goodness. So, in the meantime, if you are a working mom like me, if your husband is home before you, have him cut up some potatoes (peels on) and start them boiling. Also, tell him to fry up some bacon to crumble for the potatoes. Yes, he made the PW's restaurant-style potatoes. See, they can be trained!!
I mixed together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and ½ cup water in a saucepan. Then pour all the dripping from the crock pot, with mushrooms too. Reserve the roast on a cutting board or serving plate.
Once the gravy is warm, cut up your roast.
And dinner is served!
Beef Roast Recipes
So, what are you serving for dinner this week? Let us know.
Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast
- 3 pound beef roast like chuck or rump roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stems green onions, diced
- 1.5 cups coffee
- 1 bottle Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Coat the beef roast in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Brown both sides of the beef roast in the skillet.
- When browned, place the beef roast in a crock pot set to low.
- In the skillet add the butter, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. When the mushrooms are tender, pour in the coffee, a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, and add another tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for several minutes until boiling. Let boil for a minute and then pour over the beef roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove the roast from the crock pot. Roughly chop the roast and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch. When dissolved, turn the heat on over medium heat and pour the juice from the pan into the saucepan. Stir until thickened. Pour gravy over beef and serve with potatoes.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs
I'm not a coffee fan, but this sure does look good.
That looks awesome! Now if I can beg a roast from the folks...
Ok, I had to laugh out loud at the comment about getting my roast out the night before to unthaw~! How forward-thinking of you! 😉 Looks yummy! I need to work on a post for next week! Game ON!
Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek
That looks so great! But I literally froze and quit reading when I saw the picture of the gravy. I reread it about 3 times, and I still can't believe it could really be that easy. I've never made gravy successfully before.
Wow! This looks great. I already made you Italian crock post roast, so I can see this is next.
Looks good--except for the coffee part. Love the mushrooms!
How does one get a husband who gets home first, let alone cuts up potatoes and fries bacon?
If there's a class or something, i might need to sign one up!
That Roast looks amazing. I have not had a meat recipe lately so I did not have a recipe to bring you for Hunk Of Meat Monday. I would like to invite you to bring a dish to my Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week!
Steph, from Be Positive Mom
I love coffee and that looks delish!! I just got a crock pot so I'm going to try this one.
wow. never would've thought of that. look good thought! love me some meat!
Your roast looks amazing! YUM!!
There's surely a great deal to learn about this subject.
I love all the steps you gave.