It is no secret that I have a freezer full of beef thanks to the steady supply of beef from my brother's farm. You may notice I have been posting a lot of recipes with beef roasts. Well, it is winter so I can't grill, so we have to eat up our beef roast. I also might be addicted to coffee. Really strong coffee preferably. So, I mixed the two to create this crock pot coffee beef roast.
Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast combines coffee, mushroom, onions, garlic to create a rich and flavorful sauce for a beef roast to slow cook in all day creating a tender and juicy crock pot roast. The beef will literally melt in your mouth.
How to Make Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast
Start by browning a thawed roast in a pan with two tablespoons of oil. (Yes, you other freezer beef gals, get the roast out the night before.) I sprinkled both sides with salt, pepper and some sprinkles of Worcestershire sauce.
Put it in the crock pot on low. Toss mushroom, green onions, and two garlic cloves in the skillet. I used some Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic since I actually had all my garlic go bad:(
When the mushrooms are browned, pour 1 ½ cups of coffee in the pan. I also added 3 shakes of Tobasco and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
Pour this whole mixture over your roast in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
Come home to goodness. So, in the meantime, if you are a working mom like me, if your husband is home before you, have him cut up some potatoes (peels on) and start them boiling. Also, tell him to fry up some bacon to crumble for the potatoes. Yes, he made the PW's restaurant-style potatoes. See, they can be trained!!
I mixed together 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and ½ cup water in a saucepan. Then pour all the dripping from the crock pot, with mushrooms too. Reserve the roast on a cutting board or serving plate.
Once the gravy is warm, cut up your roast.
And dinner is served!
Beef Roast Recipes
Crock Pot Coffee Beef Roast
- 3 pound beef roast like chuck or rump roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stems green onions, diced
- 1.5 cups coffee
- 1 bottle Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Coat the beef roast in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Brown both sides of the beef roast in the skillet.
- When browned, place the beef roast in a crock pot set to low.
- In the skillet add the butter, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. When the mushrooms are tender, pour in the coffee, a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, and add another tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook for several minutes until boiling. Let boil for a minute and then pour over the beef roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove the roast from the crock pot. Roughly chop the roast and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the water and cornstarch. When dissolved, turn the heat on over medium heat and pour the juice from the pan into the saucepan. Stir until thickened. Pour gravy over beef and serve with potatoes.