As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sloppy Joes are always a hit but also can be a mess. The Sloppy Joe Sticks help reduce mess and eating sloppy joes on the go. Taco boat shells make eating sloppy joes so much less messy. Sloppy Joe Boats is the easy way to eat your barbecue recipe without the mess by fill taco boat shells with sloppy joe and topping off with cheese. If you and your family are fans of barbecue beef, change it up by adding these shells shaped like boats to the rotation for dinner one night.
This recipe can be made with the all in the crock pot sloppy joe recipe or with a quick stovetop sloppy joe recipe. Whatever sloppy joe recipe you love, go ahead and make it and use it for this recipe too.
How to Sloppy Joe Boats
When the sloppy joe recipe is done and ready for the eating, prep your taco boats. I prefer the smaller sized boats, but buy what you prefer. Start by putting shredded cheese in the bottom of the boats before filling with the meat.
Fill the boats with the sloppy joe mixture and then top off with a bit more shredded cheese. Top with onions or anything else you typically like on your sloppy joe sandwiches.
I know your mind is blown from the new easy way to eat sloppy joes. And now you can make Taco Tuesday so much easier for everyone with these taco boats too.
Weeknight Meal Recipes
Sloppy Joe Boats
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package mini flour taco boats
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese
- In a skillet, combine ground beef, onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Brown until beef is completely cooked. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Remove from heat.
- Place shredded cheese in the bottom of the taco boats.
- Spoon the sloppy joes evenly into the taco boats over the shredded cheese.
- Top off with more shredded cheese and serve.
Shared on Weekend Potluck