Pork chops and sweet potatoes are two of my favorite foods. Sheet pan pork chops, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes are a simple baked pork chop recipe that uses lots of garlic and onions plus some brown sugar to bring the flavors all together. Pork chops are a staple in our house. I am always looking for new ways to make easy sheet pan pork chop recipes. Recently, my daughter actually put these sheet pan pork chops, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes together for a family who had just had a baby. I had everything prepped while she was able to get them baked to perfection by the time I got home from work.
Sheet pan pork chops, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes are a garlic brown sugar pork chops recipe baked on top of roasted sweet potatoes and red potatoes. The ingredients are simple and the flavor is so good my daughter is requesting making this meal on the regular.
Ingredients for Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Red and Sweet Potatoes
The best recipes always have the simplest ingredients. This recipe is no different. The ingredients are all staples in my house.
- Pork Chops - Any thickness will work. I use bone-in because I like the flavor the bone adds. Boneless will work too.
- Sweet Potatoes - Peeled and diced
- Red Potatoes - diced
- Onions - Rough chopped
- Garlic - Minced
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
How to Make Roasted Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes, and Red Potatoes
These pork chops are great because everything can be prepared the night before or in the morning for an awesome pork chop sheet pan dinner. The potatoes and pork chops have an easy brine and seasonings that can help bring the flavors to life for this baked pork chop recipe.
Start by brining the pork chops. Brine the pork chops in water, brown sugar, and salt. I brine in gallon bags. But place the bag in a pyrex dish just in case the pork chops poke a hole and the bag leaks.
Then work on preparing the potatoes. Start by peeling the sweet potatoes, and then dice them. I use red potatoes in this recipe because their skins are so thin. Chop the potatoes and also the onions into bite-size pieces.
Coat the potatoes and onions in olive oil. Season with salt. I am loving this fine pink Himalayan salt I snagged from TJ Maxx. I dump the potatoes and onions into a bag as well. Then put the bag of potatoes and onions in the fridge.
When it is dinner time, pull the potatoes out first on the sheet pan. Season with some pepper and pop in the oven at 350°. Roast for 30 minutes and pull out to add the pork chops. While
To prepare the pork chops, mince the garlic. Top each pork chop with brown sugar, minced garlic, and pepper. Top the potatoes off with the pork chops. The sweetness from the pork chops and sweet potatoes will make this baked pork chop recipe your favorite savory and sweet dinner recipe.
Bake the pork chops for another 30 minutes on 350°. I rotate the pan at 15 minutes to make sure my oven is not cooking unevenly. Take the pork chops temperature is at 155°. They will have transformed into glazed pork chops.
Sheet Pan Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes, and Red Potatoes
- 4 pork chops
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt
- 8 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the half cup of brown sugar, one tablespoon of salt, and eight cups of water together. Place the pork chops in a gallon bag. Pour the water, brown sugar, and salt combination over the top. Refrigerate overnight or 8 hours.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and dice. Dice the red potatoes. Roughly chop the onions.
- Dump the potatoes and onions into a gallon bag. Pour the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of salt over the potatoes. Seal the bag and shake. Refrigerate.
- After 8 to 24 hours, dump the potatoes onto a sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes on 350°.
- Pull the potatoes out of the oven and stir. Place the pork chops over the top. Put a half a tablespoon of brown sugar, ½ clove minced garlic and pepper over each pork chop.
- Bake on 350° for 30 minutes or until the pork chops reach 150°.