Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles is a quick chicken and noodles recipe for an easy comfort food when you are in a hurry for something for a weeknight dinner. This cooked so quickly, I actually had the chicken and noodles done before the family was all home to eat it. Luckily, the Instant Pot kept them warm until dinner time.
Similar to my crock pot beef and noodles, this recipe starts with cooking chicken and then adding the noodles at the end of cooking for the optimum tenderness of meat without turning the noodles into paste.
Chicken and Noodles Ingredients
The ingredients in this super quick chicken and noodles recipe made in the Instant Pot are the standard ingredients you would use in any recipe.
- Chicken thighs or breasts - skinless and boneless are the easiest to use.
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Cream of chicken soup
- Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Flavor
- Egg Noodles
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
The steps to make this Instant Pot chicken and noodles are simple. Begin by setting your Instant Pot to saute. Add putter to the bottom of the Instant Pot and seasoning the chicken with the lemon pepper seasoning. Add the chicken to the Instant Pot and begin sauteing the chicken. Top the chicken off with the garlic and remaining butter.
Flip the chicken over to cook the other side and then add the cream of chicken soup, Better than Bouillon and the water to dilute the bouillon. Place the Instant Pot on manual by canceling the saute function. Put the manual to 12 minutes. Secure the lid and hit start.
After the Instant Pot is done pressuring, let natural release for 10 minutes. Next, release the remaining pressure to remove the lid. Pull the chicken apart with two forks to shred the chicken. Then add the frozen Reames noodles to the Instant Pot.
Make sure the noodles are submerged under the broth. If not, add water until submerged. Place the lid back on the Instant Pot and put back on manual for six minutes. When the pressure is done, let natural release for another 10 minutes. Then release to remove the lid.
Finally, stir the chicken and noodles. Then, serve over mashed potatoes. These also go well with a simple green beans, peas, or carrots side dish.
Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces frozen egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Place the Instant Pot on saute and add half the butter to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Season the chicken with the lemon pepper seasoning. Place in the Instant Pot. Add the minced garlic and remaining butter to the top of the chicken. Then flip the chicken to brown the other side.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, Better than Bouillon, and water to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and secure. Cancel the saute and turn manual function on. Set for 12 minutes and press start.
- When done cooking, let natural release for 10 minutes. Then quick release any remaining pressure and remove lid.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken. Then pour the frozen noodles into the Instant Pot. Make sure the noodles are submerged. Place the lid back on and secure. Cook for an additional 6 minutes on manual setting.
- Allow natural release for 10 minutes once the cooking is done. Then use quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed to your flavor preference.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.