Air fryer broccoli is a delicious crispy broccoli recipe that is ready to eat in just 10 minutes! This broccoli in the air fryer recipe is EASY made with a simple combination of fresh broccoli crowns, olive oil, and my favorite garlic pepper seasoning. Add this low-carb side dish to all your favorite meals and your family and kids won't complain about eating their vegetables.
I love being able to make vegetables in the air fryer. Brussels sprouts in the air fryer are one of my favorite vegetables to make in my Ninja Foodi while my friends over at These Old Cookbooks has an air fryer cauliflower recipe that is also delicious.
What you need to make Broccoli in the Air Fryer
To make this easy recipe, you just need three ingredients. In my kitchen, these three ingredients are staples.
- Broccoli: Fresh broccoli is my go-to for this recipe but there is no reason you can't use frozen broccoli in the air fryer too. Cut the fresh broccoli crown into bite-sized crowns.
- Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is what I recommend using to just coat the broccoli. You don't need a ton, but a few tablespoons will be perfect.
- The Blend Seasoning - Salt, Pepper, Garlic: Kinder's makes an amazingly simple all-purpose seasoning they refer to as The Blend. I stock this large bottle and make sure I have one in waiting too.
Preheat your air fryer so it is ready to go once the broccoli is ready to be roasted. To make this super easy broccoli recipe, start by chopping the head of broccoli into bite-sized floret pieces. Put into a bowl and then pour the oil and blend seasoning over the broccoli florets. Stir to completely coat the broccoli.
Then pour the seasoned broccoli into the preheated air fryer.
Air fry for 3-4 minutes before stirring. When you stir the broccoli, make sure the broccoli is being flipped so a new side is up. Continue to air fry for another 3-4 minutes. Check the broccoli for softness as well as crispiness. Remove or continue to air fry for another minute or two until the broccoli is done to your liking.
Tips for Making Vegetables in the Air Fryer
- Temperatures may need to be adjusted in each air fryer. Depending on your air fryer and the space between the heating element and your basket will ultimately depend on what temperature you should air fry this broccoli at. The first time I made this I burnt it to a crisp FAST at 390°. The perfect temp in the Ninja Foodi Grill + Air Crisper is 360°. The first time you make this you will want to watch it closely.
- Don't cook this broccoli too hot if you use extra virgin olive oil. The smoke point is between325-375°. If you want to cook this at a higher temp, you may want to use vegetable oil.
Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons blend seasoning of garlic, salt, pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°.
- Cut the broccoli into pieces and place them in a bowl. Coat in the oil and the seasoning.
- Place in the air fryer. Cook for 3-4 minutes and stir making sure a new side is closest to the heating element.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes. Check for softness and crispiness. Remove or cook another minute or two for desired crisped edges.