Combine two loves at the holiday time with this sugar cookie fudge. This is an easy fudge recipe that is fun for your kids to help you make. While Christmas tends to be the time of year everyone makes fudge, with the change-up of the sprinkles, this sugar cookie fudge recipe can be made all year round for special occasions as an alternative to baked goods. You will be known for this fudge in every cookie exchange soon.
What is sugar cookie fudge made out of?
This is an easy-to-make 5-ingredient fudge recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - There is no substitute for this sweet caramelly milk. You will need one can of sweetened condensed milk for this fudge recipe.
- White Chocolate Chips - Any brand of white chocolate chips will work for this fudge recipe. White almond bark can also be substituted in place of the white chocolate chips.
- Butter - Real butter, not margarine or vegetable-based butter. You need dairy butter for this recipe.
- Sugar Cookie Mix - The easiest way to make this fudge is to buy the sugar cookie mix like Pillsbury sugar cookie mix. I have not tried to make a homemade cookie mix so not sure how you can substitute a homemade sugar cookie mix.
- Sprinkles - Obviously to make a Christmas cookie fudge, you will want to use Christmas sprinkles. However, you can make this a birthday fudge or an Easter fudge, or even a Fourth of July fudge.
How to Make Christmas Sugar Cookie Fudge?
To begin making the fudge, heat the sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Since this is a dairy-based recipe, it could be easy to scorch the ingredients. Let me say it again, lower heat. Be patient making this recipe.
When the milk is hot, add the white chocolate chips, butter, and sugar cookie mix. Stir continuously to melt the white chocolate chips. When the chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in sprinkles. Stir to completely incorporate.
Pour the fudge into the parchment-lined 9x9 pan. Add more sprinkles to the top of the sugar cookie fudge to make it an extra festive Christmas cookie fudge. Then either refrigerate or freeze the fudge to set it up.
To cut the fudge, pop it out of the pan by lifting the parchment paper. This will make it easier to cut the fudge.
Sugar Cookie Fudge
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Heat sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat. When hot, melt white chocolate chips, butter, and sugar cookie mix over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until smooth.
- When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in all but one tablespoons of sprinkles.
- Pour in a parchment-lined 9x9 inch pan. Top with remaining sprinkles
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm. Cut into bite size pieces.