Why don't we make hams more often? It is like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are reserved for ham. Pineapple juice and brown sugar a normal go-to's for making a spiral ham. But this garlic honey mustard sauce makes a more savory ham that will have your guests going back for more ham. Seriously, every time I make this crock pot garlic honey mustard spiral ham I love it. I have a couple of spiral cut hams in the freezer. But for some reason, it literally has to be a holiday for me to make one of them. But, I decided this past week since I would be traveling for five days, it would be a great thing for my family to eat on while I was away.
Crock Pot Garlic Honey Mustard Ham Ingredients
This ham was harder to thaw out than to make. You need four ingredients, a blender, and a crock pot to make this ham.
Crock Pot Garlic Honey Mustard Ham is an easy savory ham recipe for a perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter ham. Here is the list of ingredients you need to make this crock pot ham recipe:
- Mustard - Dijon mustard works perfectly for this recipe to make a delicate honey mustard sauce. If you only have traditional yellow mustard, it will work. You will just have a bit more twang than with dijon mustard.
- Honey - Any liquid honey will work. If you can just buy a 16-ounce bottle, that will work to just pour without measuring.
- Garlic - Minced-up garlic cloves will be the best option from this ham recipe. If you have jarred minced garlic, that will work as well.
- Worcestershire sauce - There is no substitute for this ingredient. Just use it. WE all have this on hand in our fridge, right?
- Whole Ham - This recipe is for a 9+ pound ham. I use spiral cut hams most of the time, but a whole unsliced ham will work as well.
How to Cook Spiral Cut Ham in the Crock Pot?
To make this easy slow cooker ham recipe, start by making the honey mustard sauce in your blend. Pour a cup of Dijon Mustard, two cups of honey, ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce, and three cloves of garlic into a blender. Puree the mixture till all of the ingredients are combined.
Then pour about half of a cup of the honey mustard sauce into the bottom of your crock pot.
And here comes the tricky part. I have a big crock pot...a 7-Quart Slow Cooker. But, I still could not get my ham in the crock pot with the large flat side down and put the lid on it.
So, I had to put the big 'ole ham on its side. And then poured another cup and a half over top of the ham.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours and then pour the remaining honey mustard over the ham. Cook for another hour till completely warm. Remove from the crock pot and slice the ham.
It is full of flavor. Not too mustardy. Not too sweet. It is awesome. If you are looking for the perfect side for this ham, I recommend my loaded mashed potatoes or even these Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
How to Store Leftover Ham
It is inevitable, there will be leftover ham. Here is how you can keep the leftovers in both refrigerator or freezer:
- Refrigerator - Keep leftover ham in a large ziploc bag or plastic container for up to three days in the fridge.
- Freezer - Double wrap ham in two freezer bags with all air removed for up to three months.
But don't worry, the leftovers are great in things like The leftovers are great for these recipes: like my chicken cordon bleu casserole or soup or scalloped potatoes and ham.
It should take about an hour per 3 pounds to cook a spiral-cut ham in the crock pot, oven, or grill on a low setting or 250 degrees. It will cook faster on higher temps but be sure to baste to keep it from drying out.
Spiral Cut Ham Recipes
The perfect holiday ham can come to the table with lots of different flavors. Here are some additional ham recipes you can make for your holiday dinner.
Crock Pot Garlic Honey Mustard Ham
- 1, 8-10 pound spiral cut ham
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup Dijon Mustard
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Combine all ingredients except ham in your blender and pulse until well blended. Reserve one cup of glaze.
- Pour ½ cup of glaze in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place ham in crock pot, flat side down. Slowly pour glaze mixture over ham, making sure to get in between the spiral slices.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Pour remaining glaze mixture over the ham and cook on low until ready to serve.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
Thanks for the party 🙂
Last week I shared my Crock Pot Chicken, so this week I am sharing the stock you make from that crock pot chicken recipe. I hope that you and your readers enjoy.
Thanks for the fun party,
Linda (The Contessa)
This sounds wonderful. I love a ham with a honey mustard glaze. This sounds perfect for Easter Sunday lunch. Great idea for the crock pot.
We're having a party at Tumbleweed-Contessa - What'd You Do This Weekend? I'd love for you to bring this over. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-5/
Have a wonderful week,
April @ Angel's Homestead
I love this! I'd like to invite you to link up on Saturday Spotlight @ Angels Homestead tomorrow. I'll be featuring Easter treats and crafts soon, and would love to include this in the collection.
Hope to see you there 🙂