When the kids are on summer break and in the midst of 4-H and swimming, I feel like all we do is feed them. One thing we burn through at home or on the road is what we affectionately call ranch wraps - ham and cheese rollups. Ham and cheese ranch wraps are made with a flour tortilla, ranch, cream cheese, cheese, and ham slices rolled up together and sliced for perfect pinwheel snacks.
I don't even know how many ham and cheese ranch wraps I make in a month, but I do know I buy enough cheese and tortillas to feed the entire swim team. Honestly, I am constantly scouring for coupons on grocery store apps. I don't have time to clip coupons. Heck, I don't have time to deal with the newspaper's coupons come it. If the coupons don't come electronically, I can't deal with them. This is why when Meijer finally opened a store 20 minutes from me, I was so excited. Finally, my mPerks won't expire, and have more coupons!!!
Ham and Cheese Rollups Ingredients
The thing about cheese is I always want the best. Sargento always gives me the best quality and variety. I quickly started filling up with the Sargento 100% Real, Natural Cheese Slices in Colby Jack Pepperjack, Havarti, Swiss, and Ultra Thin Provolone. I like variety. And with the meat and cheese ranch wraps, it's all about letting the kids create their creations. These ranch wraps had all the best ingredients.
- Tortilla Shells - Burrito-sized tortilla shells are best for this. They are big and you can get a lot of rollups in each shell.
- Cream Cheese - A block of cream cheese works great for this. I also love using whipped cream cheese since it spreads so easily.
- Ranch Seasoning - There is a reason I have a whole bottle of ranch dressing seasoning in my spice drawer. There is a good chance these ranch wraps are the reason why.
- Deli Ham - Thinly sliced deli ham is the best for this. The Buddig ham packages are a great option to make these ham rollups.
- Cheese - Sliced cheese will make it cheesier. I find shredded cheese easier to bend when you wrap up the roll-up. Colby jack, cheddar, and Swiss are my recommendations for cheeses.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Ranch Wraps
Which is exactly why Sargento Natural cheese combined with tortilla shells, cream cheese, and meat brings my kids' favorite sandwich in these ham and cheese ranch wraps. The preparation of these sandwich wraps is simple. Start by mixing softened cream cheese with ranch dressing seasoning.
I do one envelope of ranch dressing seasoning mixed to one block of cream cheese. Start by mixing to combine and you are ready to spread out over a tortilla shell.
The fastest way I have found to spread the ranch cream cheese is with the back of a spoon. Spread all over the tortilla and then layer a thin layer of meat followed by the cheese of your choice. I then put a little dollop of cream cheese to help the rolling of the tortilla stick together.
The thing about the wraps is you can make it with whatever meat and cheese you like. One kid wanted ham and the Sargento Colby-Jack Pepperjack natural cheese and the other kid wanted pastrami and Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone cheese. Both good. Both kids happy.
What is your favorite kind of sandwich? Have you considered making it into a wrap? You can mix anything with cream cheese. I personally love apricot preserves with cream cheese and then with Havarti and chicken. Go ahead and go get some Sargento 100% Real, Natural Cheese Slices from Meijer while there is still a coupon through mPerks.
Substitutions for Ham Rollups
While making these with tortilla shells bring the carbs in which are essential for athletes which is why I love these for snacks at swim meets and volleyball tournaments. However, sometimes you need quick finger foods that are gluten-free. Here are some great ideas for making these wraps gluten-free.
- Wrap in the deli meat - These keto chicken bacon ranch wraps are the perfect example of how you can wrap the fillings up in a piece of deil meat.
- Lettuce wraps - The unwich from Jimmy Johns inspired this low-carb club wrap.
Variations to Ranch Wraps
While ham and colby-jack are my go-to combinations for this recipe, here are other ways you can make these ranch wraps.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch - Canned chicken or chicken deli meat with colby jack cheese makes a great combination. Be sure to check out how I make this chicken bacon ranch wrap.
- Beef - Get the Buddig beef or chipped beef and even use some mozzarella cheese for a yummy change up for these sandwich wraps.
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap - Add some buffalo sauce to the cream cheese and ranch and substitute the ham for chicken deli slices for your favorite wing roll-ups.
Finger Food Ideas
Finger foods are always a secret weapon for appetizers to meals on the go. We love finger foods for a smorgasbord type of meal. Small plates are perfect when you want to try all sorts of different foods. Here are our favorite finger food recipes.
Ham and Cheese Ranch Wraps
- 8 burrito sized flour tortilla shells
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 8 ounces Colby-Jack Cheese slices or shredded cheese
- ½ pound deli ham
- Mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing seasoning mix.
- Spread over tortilla shells with the back of a spoon
- Lay one layer of lunch meat over the cream cheese.
- Lay one layer of cheese slices over the meat.
- Spread a small dollop of cream cheese over the top of the cheese at the top of the tortilla
- Begin to roll up from the top till completely rolled up.
- Slice in half or in two large halves.
Affiliate links were used in this post.