How to make marshmallow creme rice crispy treats seems like an easy switch up of marshmallows for the creme. However, not so fast. While this will work, I have perfected the best rice crispy treats recipe which is actually the combination of marshmallow creme along with miniature marshmallows, butter and an entire box of cereal. People, these marshmallow creme rice crispy treats will change your world.
At my house, desserts are a rarity. I am not a baker. It isn't that I can't bake, but measuring precisely is just hard. So hard. Which is why I have become the master of making the best damn Rice Krispies treats. Whether it is my scotcheroos aka peanut butter Rice Krispies treats. This rice Krispies treats recipe is my favorite. And if my family is lucky I will share it with my family. Seriously. These are amazing.
The marshmallow treats are the no-bake, gluten-free dessert every child loves and is so easy to make with marshmallow fluff, butter, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies.
Let's talk about the basic ingredients for these amazing treats. Simple is best when it comes to these puppies.
- Marshmallow Fluff - Some brands call it marshmallow creme
- Mini Marshmallows
- Box of Crispy Rice Cereal
I have been making these for a few years, but I took it up another notch recently.
Here is the catch, I think super thick rice crispy treats are the best. We don't mess around with skinny rice crispy treats. I had the most amazing rice crispy treat one day at Noodles and Company. I know, weird. But, this place inspired me to stop following the recipe and start making the most of the treat and go big. Couple that with the whole mini marshmallows I find in the rice crispy treats from Starbucks, and I have completely changed the world of rice crispy treats. I finally have figured out how to make rice crispy treats with marshmallow creme.
Seriously, if this picture doesn't get you to make the rice crispy treats, I don't know what will. You will want to know how to make the best rice crispy treats.
Start with melting butter in a large six-quart dutch oven. Add the marshmallow creme to the butter and stir to combine. I do this over low heat. When the butter and creme begin to combine, I add half the bag of marshmallows. Continue to stir to combine. Don't let the marshmallows melt completely before adding the cereal.
Remove from the heat.
Now, start pouring the cereal in two to three cups at a time. When the box is almost empty, go ahead and add the remainder of the marshmallows and stir to combine. Go ahead and finish off the cereal box. Stir to combine
Pour into a large pan. We are talking a lasagna pan deep. Press down the gooey sticky goodness with the butter paper. Let cool before cutting.
No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Marshmallow Creme Rice Crispy Treats
- 12 ounce box of crispy rice cereal or 12 cups
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces bag of mini marshmallows 1 bag
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme 1 container
- Melt butter in a large six-quart dutch oven. Once the butter starts to melt, add the container of marshmallow creme.
- Over low heat, stir to combine. When butter and marshmallow creme are combined, add half the mini marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Begin adding cereal once the marshmallow is melting but not completely melted. Remove from heat and add the cereal two to three cups at a time.
- With just a few cups left, add the remainder of marshmallows and then stir in the remaining cereal.
- Pour into a large lasagna pan. Pat down with the butter wrapper. Let cool before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.