How to make marshmallow creme rice crispy treats seems like an easy switch up of marshmallows for the creme. However, not so fast. While this will work, I have perfected the best rice crispy treats made recipe which is actually the combination of marshmallow fluff along with miniature marshmallows, butter, and an entire box of cereal. People, these marshmallow creme rice crispy treats will change your world.
At my house, desserts are a rarity. I am not a baker. It isn't that I can't bake, but measuring precisely is just hard. So hard. Which is why I have become the master of making the best damn Rice Krispies treats. Whether it is my scotcheroos aka peanut butter Rice Krispies treats. This rice Krispies treats recipe is my favorite. And if my family is lucky I will share it with my family. Seriously. These are amazing.
The marshmallow treats are the no-bake, gluten-free dessert every child loves and is so easy to make with marshmallow fluff, butter, marshmallows, and Rice Krispies.
Marshmallow Fluff Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients
Let's talk about the basic ingredients for these amazing treats. Simple is best when it comes to these puppies.
- Marshmallow Fluff - Some brands call it marshmallow creme
- Mini Marshmallows
- Box of Crispy Rice Cereal
I have been making these for a few years, but I took it up another notch recently.
Here is the catch, I think super thick rice crispy treats are the best. We don't mess around with skinny rice crispy treats. I had the most amazing rice crispy treat one day at Noodles and Company. I know, weird. But, this place inspired me to stop following the recipe and start making the most of the treat and go big. Couple that with the whole mini marshmallows I find in the rice crispy treats from Starbucks, and I have completely changed the world of rice crispy treats. I finally have figured out how to make rice crispy treats with marshmallow creme.
Seriously, if this picture doesn't get you to make the rice crispy treats, I don't know what will. You will want to know how to make the best rice crispy treats.
How to Make Rice Crispy Treats with Marshmallow Creme
Start with melting butter in a large six-quart dutch oven. Add the marshmallow creme to the butter and stir to combine. I do this over low heat. When the butter and creme begin to combine, I add half the bag of marshmallows. Continue to stir to combine. Don't let the marshmallows melt completely before adding the cereal.
Remove from the heat.
Now, start pouring the cereal in two to three cups at a time. When the box is almost empty, go ahead and add the remainder of the marshmallows and stir to combine. Go ahead and finish off the cereal box. Stir to combine
Pour into a large pan. We are talking a lasagna pan deep. Press down the gooey sticky goodness with the butter paper. Let cool before cutting.
Once the rice crispy treats are cooled, go ahead and dig into these treats.
Thick and chewy rice crispy treats all thanks to the great combination of marshmallow creme and mini marshmallows.
Go ahead and make a batch. Your kids will hug you in happiness.
Variations to Rice Krispies Treats with Marshmallow Fluff
Want to spice or rather sweeten up your marshmallow fluff rice crispy treats? Here are some yummy add-ins to make these no-bake treats even more yummy.
- M&Ms - Hold the mini marshmallows and pour in some of your favorite candy coated chocolate treats.
- Cake Mix - Grab a funfetti cake mix and dump a half cup of the cake mix in the rice krispies and marshmallow creme for a cake flavored treat. Add sprinkles to the top of the rice krispies bars too.
- Chocolate Chips - Make these rice crispy treats taste like s'mores with the addition of milk chocolate chips in place of the mini marshmallows.
Marshmallow creme and fluff are the same thing. So yes! You absolutely can make rice crispy treats with marshmallow fluff.
If you want a thinner rice krispies treat, a jelly roll pan will be perfect for this recipe too.
No-Bake Dessert Recipes
Baking isn't my passion, but no-bake desserts are some of my favorite treats to make. Here are some of our best no-bake desserts.
Marshmallow Creme Rice Crispy Treats
- 12 ounce box of crispy rice cereal or 12 cups
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces bag of mini marshmallows 1 bag
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme 1 container
- Melt butter in a large six-quart dutch oven. Once the butter starts to melt, add the container of marshmallow creme.
- Over low heat, stir to combine. When butter and marshmallow creme are combined, add half the mini marshmallows. Stir to combine.
- Begin adding cereal once the marshmallow is melting but not completely melted. Remove from heat and add the cereal two to three cups at a time.
- With just a few cups left, add the remainder of marshmallows and then stir in the remaining cereal.
- Pour into a large lasagna pan. Pat down with the butter wrapper. Let cool before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
These are the best Rice Krispie Treats EVER! I happened to have a 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows so I just used all of them - melted half and added half later as the recipe directed. These are lighter in texture which we loved!! After pressing them in the prepared pan, I sprinkled pastel sprinkles on top and pressed in mini Cadbury chocolate eggs (the candy coated ones). After completely cooled, I used a large egg shaped cookie cutter to cut egg shapes out. They were SO CUTE and tasted amazing!
I'm going to make the rice krispie treat today Christmas eve. Thanks! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Was excited to find a recipe with marshmallow creme, but should have gone with my hunch that I shouldn’t have used all the crispies. These were the driest rice crispy treats I’ve ever had. Made them again doubling the butter and marshmallow creme and they were perfection!
Comment made on Dryness. I think it's because you used 6 tablespoons or 1/2 of a stick of butter rather than a whole stick which is 1/4 cup. Sometimes I forget if I haven't made them in awhile. I always check first if I haven any doubts. Yours is the weight watcher version 😉
Rice Krispie Treats
I 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1/4 cup butter
1 (7 ounce) container of Marshmallow Creme or Fluff in a jar
Samantha R Fanning
I just made these rice crispy treats, and holy cow, they are amazing and, super easy to make!!! Last and only time I made time I made rice crispy treats it was a mess and difficult. This was easy, quick and delicious!
Awesome recipe! Love the post mini marshmallow addition too. I tweaked it a little and melted a couple Tablespoons of creamy peanut butter in with the butter and marshmallow cream. I also used Captain Crunch cereal instead (didn't have Rice Krispies on hand) and added a few tiny, random dollops of Nutella the when adding the mini marshmallows at the end. A fun and easy, nostalgic treat! Thank you for sharing! xo
Can you make it without marshmallows? It's already sweet enough.
Absolutely. They will turn out great without the marshmallows added.