I have a new go-to dessert recipe for this fall. While I love my pumpkin desserts, I still need chocolate in my life 365 days a year. And these s’mores bars are the perfect chocolate dessert for fall.
Then pour a 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows over top of the chocolate. Place the pan under a broiler for 45 seconds or longer to brown the marshmallows to a golden, toasty brown. But they can burn quickly, so watch them!!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft ball of dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set on 375 degrees. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool before cutting for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.