A creamy slow cooked crock pot beef and noodles recipe that will warm you up after a cold day made with an arm roast or rump roast and beer, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, garlic, and egg noodles. So good served over mashed potatoes. This is a hearty and warm meal for cold winter weeknights. The leftover beef and noodles are great during the week as well.
So, I went and got a few roasts out of the freezer to throw in the crock pot. I figured if I am going to be roasting some beef for some crock pot beef and noodles, I might as well roast a few.
The bad thing about frozen meat, you can cram it as well as you can into a 6-quart crockpot. Here you will see an arm roast and a rump roast.
If you are going to be slow cooking, you need a liquid. I like slow cooking in alcohol. For this savory dish I grabbed a beer. A light beer is not my first choice, but since it was Sunday (you can't buy beer on Sunday in Indiana) and light beer is what I had, a Bud Light was what I used. Pour the whole bottle over the meat.
I tossed two envelopes of onion soup on top of the meat. I threw in a few garlic cloves for good measure. I mean, really can you cook without adding a few cloves of garlic. Give 'em a good whack with the knife.
Make sure you get some of the goodness down in the beer. For these rock solid, frozen roasts, I put the crock on low all night and go to bed.
When I got up in the morning, I pulled the rump roast out to make barbecued beef later in the week. I then picked out the large pieces of excess fat and tour the meat of the arm roast apart. I then grabbed a can of cream of mushroom soup and poured over top. Add about six cups of water. Add salt and pepper.
Mix the water, cream of mushrooms soup and beef all together and cook on low for the day.
An hour or so before you want to eat, add the fabulous Coe's Noodles or whatever noodles you have in your pantry. Add up to four more cups of water to your liking.
Serve beef and noodles crock pot recipe over mashed potatoes.
If you have leftover beef roast, here is a quick beef and noodles recipe.
Crock Pot Beef Roast Recipes
Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
- 3 lb. Beef Roast
- 1 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 garlic cloves smashed and peeled
- 1 bottle of beer or 12 ounces of beef broth
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound noodles
- Place beef roast in the crock pot and pour beer, onion soup mix, and garlic over top. Cook overnight or 4 hours on high.
- Remove any bones or excess fat and shred beef. Add mushroom soup and six cups of water and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add 4 cups of water and noodles. Cook until noodles are softened. Add more liquid as needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021