Pepperoni pizza muffins is a simple recipe made with lots of biscuit mix, pepperoni and cheese are a great lunch, dinner on the go or even pizza snack. My son’s favorite snack is quickly becoming these easy to make cheesy pizza muffins. The best thing about these muffins is they freeze and refrigerate well for a quick reheat.
The simple ingredients make this recipe the best. You will be using your favorite pizza toppings in this recipe plus a quick batter to make the muffins.
The ingredients for pizza muffins are the following:
- Biscuit mix
- pizza toppings – pepperoni, sausage, ham, or whatever your favorites are
- herbs and seasonings – Garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and herbs I used fresh herbs but, dried will work just fine as well. Cut the herbs in half if you use dried ones.
How to Make Easy Pizza Muffins
Start by mixing together 2 cups of biscuit mix, 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, oregano and basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Then mix together 1 and 1/3 cups of milk with 2 eggs.
Once the dry ingredients are just combined add two 5 oz packages of mini pepperonis or 1 pound of browned sausage if you would rather have sausage pizza muffins along with 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Once the ingredients are combined, grease and fill 12 muffin tins or 24 mini muffin tins 3/4 full with pepperoni pizza batter.
Handheld Meal Recipes
Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
- 1 cup of biscuit mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 whole eggs
- ½ tsp each of fresh parsley oregano, and basil (1/2 if dried)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 5 oz package of mini pepperoni or ½ lb of browned sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Combine dry ingredients. In a two cup bowl whisk eggs and milk together. Pour the milk and eggs into the dry ingredients and whisk together till just incorporated. Add pepperoni or sausage and cheese. Mix together and let set for 10 minutes. Then fill 12 greased muffin tins or 24 mini muffin tins. Bake on 375 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Cooked muffins can be frozen and warmed in the microwave.
Got a great meaty recipe? Link it on up!
- Roast Beef Hawaiian Roll Sliders – Sandy’s Sandwiches - October 10, 2020
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020