Well, it is probably obvious by now that this post is late. Let’s chalk that up to a five-day trip to NYC for BlogHer and school starting 15 hours after I stepped into the house. Which is why I am now on a mission to find the meals we can make quick and on the go. My son’s favorite is these pepperoni pizza muffins.
I used fresh herbs but, dried will work just fine as well. Cut the herbs in half if you use dried ones. Start by mixing together 2 cups of biscuit mix, 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, oregano and basil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Serves: 24 large muffins or 48 mini muffins
- Serving size: 3 muffins
- 2 cups of biscuit mix
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp each of fresh parsley, oregano, and basil (1/2 if dried)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2, 5 oz packages of mini pepperoni or 1 lb of browned sausage
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Combine dry ingredients. In a two cup bowl whisk eggs and milk together. Pour the milk and eggs into the dry ingredients and whisk together till just incorporated. Add pepperoni or sausage and cheese. Mix together and let set for 10 minutes. Then fill 24 greased muffin tins or 48 mini muffin tins. Bake on 375 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Cooked muffins can be frozen and warmed in the microwave.
Got a great meaty recipe? Link it on up!