As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone else noticing good deals on pork sausages and hot dogs. I have stocked up on grillers, polish sausages, and hot dogs. Now figuring out what to make with all these sausages. I decided to change up a recipe I saw in a couple of different places like The Pioneer Woman and Plain Chicken. Score. Loving this Cajun chicken and smoked sausage pasta recipe and could easily make this with all polish or smoked sausage.
This Cajun chicken and smoked sausage pasta recipe is a quick and easy weeknight meal made in under thirty minutes. The bonus to this cajun pasta recipe? You need to open a bottle of wine to make the dish!!
Cajun Chicken and Smoked Sausage Pasta Ingredients
- Bowtie Pasta
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Smoked sausage
- White wine like Sauvignon Blanc
- Parmesan cheese
- Cajun Seasoning
How to Make Creamy Cajun Smoked Sausage and Chicken Pasta
Start by dicing up a half a pound of chicken tenderloins or breasts into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with your favorite Cajun or creole seasoning.
Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes
Cajun Chicken and Smoked Sausage Pasta
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins or breasts cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut into slices
- 16 ounces pasta cooked al dente (bow ties, rotini, fettuccine)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream I used half 1% milk and half whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh Basil optional
- Parmesan Cheese optional
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter and oil combination until chicken is tender and cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat and add onion, peppers, garlic, and smoked sausage, cook until veggies are tender. Remove from pan.
- Pour wine into the skillet to deglaze, and slowly add heavy cream, heat till just bubbling.
- Add meat and veggies to sauce. Mix together and then stir in pasta.
- Add seasonings and stir to combine. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020