As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a little obsessed with sweet and salty combinations. I blame Gal in the Middle for my love of this saltine cracker toffee. I can remember in college running through McDonald’s for fries and Wendy’s for a frosty and eating the frosty with the fries when I had been through an exceptionally long day. So, this 4 ingredient toffee that combines sweet and salt had to be banned from my house.
Saltine Cracker Toffee
The ingredients are simple and most likely in your pantry already. That is what makes these so dangerous.
While the caramel mixture boils, arrange four saltine crackers on an aluminum foil-lined jelly roll pan. Be sure to spray cooking spray over the aluminum foil before laying the crackers down.
I popped the pan in the fridge to speed up the hardening process. Once the chocolate is hard to the touch, break apart with your hand. The pieces will break into random shapes in sizes. Then give it all away. Trust me. Don’t make this unless you have a dozen people to share with immediately.
Quick View of How to Make Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips or 1 12-ounce bag
- In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Lay 40 saltine crackers out on a greased aluminum lined jelly roll pan. Pour the caramel mixture over the crackers, covering them evenly.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers.
- Chill the entire pan in the fridge or freezer till chocolate is hard. Break up into pieces by hand creating variously sized and shaped pieces. Store in an airtight container.