As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The air fryer is officially my go-to kitchen appliance. The ultimate mini-tater tots regularly get made in our house. Crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer. But now I am obsessed with air fryer chicken drumsticks. These air fryer honey mustard chicken legs might be the ultimate recipe in the air fryer though.
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs are marinated in a simple honey mustard sauce and then seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked completely in under 20 minutes in the air fryer. The simplicity of the homemade honey mustard sauce or rather marinade mixed with the quick cooking in the air fryer make these honey mustard chicken legs a must for easy weeknight meals.
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs Ingredients
I love when chicken drumsticks go on sale for 88 cents a pound. When I catch the sale, I go a little overboard stocking up on the chicken legs. I can’t help it, I love a good meat sale. Since I had recently received my new Cosori XL Air Fryer, I knew it was time to try air fryer chicken drumsticks. The simple combination of honey, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce made this a simple marinade. But, let’s talk about mustard for a moment.
I love mustard. I couldn’t decide which mustard to use in this honey mustard, so I used them all. All three of these mustards. Yes, I do indeed love mustard. Honestly, if you just use dijon and the stone ground, you will be fine.
How to Make Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
Mix the mustards with the honey and Worcestershire sauce.
Place the drumsticks into a gallon bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the plastic bag and shake the chicken to be sure the honey mustard sauce covers it completely. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight or while you are at work.
Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then place the chicken legs in the air fryer. Then place the chicken legs in the air fryer pan. Season them with salt and pepper.
Cook the drumsticks in the air fryer on 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then flip the chicken legs over and cook for 10 more minutes. Check the internal temperature of the chicken to be sure it is 165 degrees. The chicken legs fully cook in my air fryer at the 20-minute mark.
What to eat with the Air Fryer Drumsticks
Tips for Cooking Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer just like you do your oven.
- Alternate the direction of the chicken legs to maximize the number of drumsticks you can fit in the air fryer basket.
- If the chicken skin is burning too much after the first 10 minutes turn down the air fryer down 15 degrees. Every air fryer is different and yours may be different than my Cosori XL Air Fryer.
- No need to add any type of fat as the chicken skin adds enough fat to self crisp
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- Cosori XL Air Fryer
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Combine the honey, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Place the chicken legs in a large plastic bag and pour the honey mustard over the top of the chicken. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- When ready to make chicken, preheat air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, alternating the legs to maximize the number of legs you can fit in the basket.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes on 400°. Flip the chicken legs over. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check the internal temp of the chicken to be sure it is at 165°.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020