As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Guacamole burgers combine taco night with burger night straight from the grill with flavorful burgers, pepper-jack cheese, guacamole, sauteed onions, peppers, and street taco tortilla shells. These burgers are juicy and delicious. They are also perfect on lettuce wraps for a low-carb version of the guacamole burger.
If you aren’t a street taco shell fan, let me be your evangelist. We have two or three packages in the house at a time. Especially since we love the air fryer beef tacos, but these burgers are also low-carb if you use romaine lettuce wraps in place of the tortillas.
These burgers, made with my standard ground beef and pork combination, have so much flavor. I have made these burgers in various ways, different times, but ultimately, these are the ingredients I consistently come back to for these guacamole burgers.
- Ground Beef
- Ground Pork
- Adobo Seasoning
- Spicy Ranch Dressing Mix
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Guacamole – Store-bought or a homemade version
- Sauteed onions and peppers
- Street taco Tortillas
- Lettuce Wraps
How to Make Guacamole Burgers
I do not use egg or breadcrumbs in my burgers. If you buy good quality meat, you do not need fillers. Also, the pork was around an 80/20 mix while my beef runs closer to a 93/7 mix. This means there isn’t much fat in the meat that would make the burger patties shrink and fall apart. Also, I will only flip these burgers once. Handling the burgers less, means they stay together better.
Make six patties from this two pounds of beef. This will give you hearty, third-pound burgers.
To take these burgers to guacamole burgers, you need toppings. And toppings I give to you. Now, I am all for making my life easier, so I have been buying premade guacamole at Aldi’s and Sam’s club. You can definitely make it easily from scratch too. In addition to the guacamole, you need to have some onions and peppers. Personally, sauteing the onions and peppers are way better. I used a poblano and bell pepper as well as a sweet onion to make the onions and peppers.
Then it is time to build your burgers. Start by placing the tortilla shell on a plate and then place the burger on top. Spread the onions and peppers on the cheeseburger. Then top with a heap of guacamole.
Taco Night Recipes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon spicy ranch seasoning
- 6 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 12 street taco tortillas or romaine lettuce
- 2 cups guacamole
Onions & Peppers
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 poblano pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- Mix together ground beef, ground pork, adobo seasoning, and spicy ranch seasoning.
- Make six patties and place on the grill at 350 °for 6-8 minutes per side.
- When you flip the burgers to the other side, toss the street taco tortillas on the grill in a more indirect heat area. Flip after a minute or two.
- Top off the burgerswith pepper jack cheese with one minute of grill time left.
Onions & Peppers
- Melt butter in a saute pan. Add peppers and onions to skillet and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes to caramelize.
- Build the burgers on the tortillas. Top the cooked burger with onions and peppers. Then top with the guacamole. Top with another tortilla.
- Lettuce wraps can be substituted for the tortillas.