This is an easy deviled egg recipe made with relish, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise. Many people think making deviled eggs is hard. How to make deviled eggs with this methodology from cooking the eggs to making the filling will help you make your own deviled eggs easily and quickly.
These eggs get requested all the time for pitch-ins and holiday meals. I am always confused why people always ask for them but have learned that people struggle with the entire process from cooking and peeling the eggs to making the filling and filling the egg yolks. I decided I should document my go-to process for making deviled eggs.
Ingredients for Easy Deviled Egg Recipe
The easier the recipe, the better which is why I make a super simple deviled egg recipe. These are the ingredients you will need for these deviled eggs.
The basic ingredients to make a deviled egg with relish recipe are:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Dijon mustard
- Sweet relish
- Salt and Pepper
- Paprika - Optional
How to make easy to peel hard boiled eggs?
The biggest complaint I hear about making deviled eggs is how dang hard it is to peel the hard-boiled eggs. Well, I have the secret to easy to peel eggs. You just need to steam them. Seriously, the peels slide right off the steamed eggs. This is how to steam easy to peel hard-boiled eggs.
How to Make Deviled Eggs with Relish
To make the deviled eggs from the hard boiled eggs, begin by cutting the eggs in half and removing the yolks. A teaspoon can pop the yokes out smoothly.
Now, the old school way to make the filling would be to mix the yokes with the mayonnaise, mustard, and dijon mustard with forks in a bowl. But I have a blender and a food processor. I make my deviled filling in the blender for silky smooth deviled egg filling in seconds.
With the clean eggs, start spooning the filling into the egg whites. You can also put the filling into a baggie and cut the corner off and pipe the filling into the bag. Both are easy to do.
When the filling is in all the eggs, you can top off the eggs with fresh dill or paprika or leave them plain. They are so good they don't need much to fancy them up, especially as fast as the deviled eggs get gobbled up. Place them on a deviled egg plate for easier serving.
Now that you know how to make deviled eggs you all can make them any day of the week without any trouble.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
Easy Deviled Eggs with Relish
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Hard boil your eggs using the steam process and peel the eggs immediately.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Then remove the yolks from the white with a teaspoon.
- Place the yolks in a blender or food processor bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, relish, salt and pepper to the processor.
- Pulsate for 10 seconds and then scrape the sides of the bowl. Pulsate again until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the egg whites with a spoon or piping it in a plastic bag.
- Garnish with paprika or dill weed. Can also be served plain.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021