Sloppy Joe Dip has a cream cheese base and topped with an easy sloppy joe ground beef mixture and topped off with shredded cheese and onions, baked to gooey, meaty goodness and then scooped up with corn chips. This dip is perfect for pregaming at the tailgate or munching during the basketball games in the month of March. If you are looking for a new dip that can quite honestly double as a meal, Sloppy Joes Dip is a perfect appetizer for you.
This dip is definitely one of our family's favorite game-day appetizers. My family is sloppy joe obsessed though. I am always getting requests to make sloppy joes in some format.
Sloppy Joe Dip Ingredients
As long as you have the basic ingredients for sloppy joes you will be good to go to make this corn chip dip. Here are the ingredients you need for this recipe.
- Ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tomato soup
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cream cheese
- Colby Jack cheese
How to Make Sloppy Joe Dip
Begin making this sloppy joe by browning the ground beef with a half of onion, diced. Season with salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. When the beef is completely cooked, add the tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and apple cider vinegar to the meat.
Stir to combine and simmer to combine the flavors. Season with more salt and pepper to your taste likings. Next, start making the cream cheese base.
In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese together. In a baking dish, spread the cream cheese base all across the bottom of the pan.
Then top the cream cheese base off with the sloppy joe mixture. Spread more colby-jack cheese over the top of the meat mixture and then bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°. The cheesy, creamy mixture will come out bubbly and golden.
If you are a lover of onions, top off the baked sloppy joe dip with more diced onion. Now, when it comes to what to serve this dip with, I am all in on corn chip scoops. But you could easily use tortilla chips, crackers, and even slice baguette or bagel chips with this dip.
Tips for Making a Baked Cream Cheese Layer Dip like Sloppy Joe Dip
- Heating the cream cheese up for about 30 seconds in the microwave makes mixing it and spreading it out much easier.
- Lightly grease the sides and bottom of the baking dish before spreading the cream cheese out on the bottom of the pan.
- You can make the dips ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. Bake them at 25° less and for 10 minutes longer if you are making the dip from cold.
Other Game Day Dip Recipes
Sloppy Joe Sip
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomato soup
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces colby-jack cheese
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a skillet, combine ground beef, onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Brown until beef is completely cooked. Stir in the tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Simmer.
- In a small bowl, place the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish - a 9 inch sqaure, round or 8x11 rectangle works well. Then spread the cream cheese mixture out in the bottom.
- Spoon the sloppy joe mixture over the top of the cream cheese. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with remaining diced onions. Serve with corn chips.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021