When I got these sirloin steak kabob pieces from Hayden Farms through Range Market, I knew exactly what I was going to make with them, cajun bacon-wrapped steak bites. These pieces of steak were perfect for wrapping in bacon and seasoning with cajun seasoning and brown sugar then grilled or air fried for the best bacon wrapped steak bites. A great appetizer or entree for any dinner party when you are trying to impress people.
Steak bites are a perfect weeknight meal but also fancy enough for a weekend dinner party. Wrapping steak bites in bacon and then seasoning with cajun and brown sugar gives these bacon-wrapped steak bites sweet, spicy, and salty combination that makes them so so good.
Ingredients for Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites
Simple ingredients make the best recipes. This is no different for these steak bites wrapped in bacon. Here are the ingredients you need to make these mouthwatering steak bites.
- Steak - Kabob meat is perfect for this. You can also use stew meat. If you want you can also use sirloin or strip steaks and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Bacon - Thin bacon works best for bacon wrapped anything. I swear by Oscar Mayer bacon.
- Cajun Seasoning - Your favorite cajun seasoning is needed for this recipe. If you don't have a favorite, use my favorite cajun seasoning.
- Brown Sugar - A little sweet to go with that heat. Trust me, you do not need much but the flavor of sweet, salty, and spicy is amazing.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Cajun Bacon-Wrapped Steak Bites
This is an easy steak recipe that also cooks quickly. Here are the quick steps you need to take to get these bacon steak bites on your plate.
Soak toothpicks in water so they don't burn up immediately. These are needed to hold the bacon in place.
Cut the steaks into roughly 3-inch by 3-inch pieces and season with cajun seasoning.
Wrap the steak pieces in a slice of bacon and secure in place with a toothpick by pressing it all the way through the steak.
Season the bacon-wrapped steak bites with cajun and brown sugar.
Place steak bites on a 350-degree grill and cook by rotating to each side of the steak bite.
Pull bacon-wrapped steak bites from the grill when the steak is cooked to your doneness of choice or the bacon is crispy.
Just like a normal steak, let these steak bites rest for a few minutes before biting into them. Pull the toothpicks out if you want to.
Hint: If you like your steak a bit more medium rare then you will want that beef COLD going on to the grill. No waiting for it to get to room temperature.
Variations to the Bacon Steak Bites
These steak bites can be made with various
- Barbecue Wrapped Bacon Steak - add your favorite barbecue rub to the steak and bacon. Then baste in the BBQ sauce of your choice. Very similar to the BBQ bacon wrapped chicken recipe.
- Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Chicken - make a homemade honey mustard sauce or use your favorite store boughten one. Season chicken with hot honey seasoning and wrap in bacon then grill and baste with honey mustard sauce.
- Teriyaki Steak Bites - marinate the steak in a teriyaki sauce like this homemade teriyaki sauce or purchase one. Then wrap the steak in bacon. Grill and baste in extra teriyaki sauce.
See these garlic steak bites on my website!
Grilling equipment matters. Here are some of my favorite grill accessories, seasonings, and tools.
Storing Leftover Steak Bites
These steak bites do make great leftovers. Keep them in a ziploc bag or container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To reheat the steak bites, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Then cook the steak bites for 4-5 minutes.
There is no need to use the most expensive steak for the steak bites. A sirloin is the best recommendation. A tri-tip roast would also be a great option. Stew meat will work well too.
Make them the exact same way for grilling but air fry them on 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Easy Grilling Recipes
Looking for other easy grilling recipes like this? Try these recipes:
BBQ Side Dishes
These are my favorite dishes to serve with barbecue and grilled meats.
Cajun Bacon Wrapped Steak Bites
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
- 2 pounds steaks
- 1 lb bacon thin cut
- Cut the steak in 3 inch by 3 inch pieces. Seasoning with Cajun seasoning.
- Wrap steak pieces with one slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick that has soaked in water. Sprinkle more cajun seasoning and brown sugar on the bacon.
- Place steak bites on the grill not directly over flames to prevent flare-ups with medium-high heat. Grill for 5 minutes, rotating the bites until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 mintues.
We sometimes take for granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove