Back at Christmas, I was in a flurry of baking cookies when someone posted on Facebook they were making the hop, skip and go naked cookies. When another person commented they loved the cocktails, I was intrigued. Cookies inspired by a cocktail. This is my kind of cookie!
Now, I discovered the drink is simply beer, frozen lemonade, and vodka. For real, Farmwife Drinks has the recipe for this Hop, Skip and Go Naked Punch or what some call beer punch. I made two batches of the drink last time we got together with the other farm wives. It is addicting! These and my oreo truffles are always a go-to cookie for me to make
Hop, Skip, and Go Naked Cookies
Now back to the cookies. Start by creaming brown sugar and white sugar with shortening and butter.
Now it is time to add the good stuff. Start with toffee pieces.
Stir to combine evenly throughout the dough.
Bake on 375 for 8-9 minutes on parchment lined cookie sheets. I didn't use parchment paper and regretted it. Don't be me. Use the parchment.
Be warned, I wolfed down about 4 cookies mindlessly. These cookies have the perfect amount of chewiness and chocolate with the brandy leaving just a hint of flavor.
- 1 c. shortening
- ½ c. softened butter
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 Tbsp. rum or brandy
- 1 ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ c. quick-cooking oats
- 1 ½ c. chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c. toffee pieces
- Cream together shortening and butter in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs, rum, and milk. Combine thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, combining until the consistency is smooth.
- Gradually mix in oats until evenly distributed.
- Add chocolate chips and toffee pieces and mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees, turning cookie sheets around halfway through.
Find other cookie recipes at the Ultimate Recipe Swap, Meal Plan Monday.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
This is one of my great friend's favorite drinks! I am sending her a link to your page! YUM!
Lol - gotta love the name of these cookies!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
Yum, those cookies look good! Booze and dessert, all good for me!
These sound ridiculously amazing. I'm so on board with putting liquor together with chocolate 😀 I've had the drink at a friend's house, but didn't know that's what it was called!
Hi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Carry on the fantastic work!