How do you get your kids to eat chicken tenders that are not deep fried? Wrap them in bacon and drench them in honey mustard seemed to work at my house. My kids loved this recipe for honey mustard bacon wrapped chicken tenders.
Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
I made a fairly simple honey mustard sauce that is also a great marinade. A few simple ingredients including honey, mustard, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
Then brush the chicken with some of the remaining honey mustard marinade. Then crack some pepper over top of the chicken.
Bake the chicken on 375 for 10-12 minutes and pull out of the oven.
And make sure you get the thinly sliced bacon so it is extra crisp!
Honey Mustard Bacon Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- 1 pound of bacon
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoon spicy mustard powder or ¼ cup prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinade the chicken tenders in half of the honey mustard for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and wrap each piece with bacon. Place on a jelly roll sheet. Brush with the honey mustard marinade, crack pepper over each piece and bake for 10-12 minutes on 375.
- After 10-12 minutes, flip each chicken over and brush again with the honey mustard. Bake another 10-12 minutes, until bacon is brown and crisp.
Share your favorite recipe for Hunk of Meat Monday!