After a long day at work, I am becoming obsessed with my Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Bourbon Mustard Ham is a spicy and sweet combination of flavors that can be done quickly in the Instant Pot for a great weeknight meal.
What is used to make a Bourbon Glazed Ham?
Three simple ingredients come together for some amazing-tasting ham. The Instant Pot allowed for this ham to be done in under an hour. Which is perfect for a weeknight but also great for Easter and Christmas when the oven is full of all the other holiday treats.
The ingredients you need to make this yummy bourbon mustard glazed ham are the following:
- Ham: A spiral cut or whole ham will both work for this recipe, whatever you have will be just fine.
- Bourbon: Maybe I think cheap booze is never the answer, but if you are making this recipe, you will want to use a good bourbon. If you don't like bourbon or don't want to use bourbon, you can also use apple juice in this recipe.
- Mustard: Any mustard will technically work for this recipe. Stronger mustard is better, so spicy brown mustard, hot mustard, or just regular yellow mustard are what I recommend. I used hot and sweet brown mustard, one similar to this spicy beer mustard.
How to Cook a Ham in the Instant Pot?
The hot and sweet beer mustard gives the perfect combination to the smokey bourbon whiskey. I combine the mustard and bourbon and whisk them together. Just set aside this bourbon and mustard combination to pour over the ham once it is in the Instant Pot.
Then get the Instant Pot ready by putting the Instant Pot on saute and adding a cup of water. Place the ham into the Instant Pot. I put the ham, fat side up, into the Instant Pot. If the ham will not fit, trim the ham to fit it down in the pressure cooker. My ham was solidly slid into the pot
Once the ham is in place, pour the ham and mustard combination over top of the ham.
When the bourbon mustard is poured over the ham, place the lid on the Instant Pot and switch the Instant Pot to off and then to manual. Adjust the time to 30 minutes and let the Instant Pot start. It took about 15 minutes for my Instant Pot to come to pressure.
When the time expires, release the valve for a quick release. Remove the lid and this is what the Instant Pot bourbon mustard ham should look like.
Remove the ham from the Instant Pot and slice the ham. Our ham had a nice layer of fat which helped give the ham lots of flavor and moisture. We cut some of the fat away when we served the ham.
Easy Holiday Ham Recipes
Whether it is spiral ham or a whole ham, these are some great recipes for cooking a holiday ham on the grill, in the oven, or in the crock pot.
Instant Pot Bourbon and Mustard Ham
- 6-8 pound ham
- ½ cup bourbon whiskey
- ⅓ cup sweet and spicy beer mustard
- 1 cup water
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and put on saute. Add the ham to the ham to the Instant Pot, trimming if it doesn't fit in.
- Combine the mustard and bourbon in a bowl and whisk together. Pour the combination over the ham.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot off and then hit manual to set time for 30 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot completes the pressure cooking time, quick release the vent valve.
- Remove the ham from the Instant Pot and slice.