Why don't we make hams more often? It is like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter are reserved for ham. Pineapple juice and brown sugar a normal go-to's for making a ham. But this garlic honey mustard sauce makes a more savory ham that will have your guests going back for more ham. Seriously, every time I make this crock pot garlic honey mustard ham I love it. I have a couple of spiral cut hams in the freezer. But for some reason, it literally has to be a holiday for me to make one of them. But, I decided this past week since I would be traveling for five days, it would be a great thing for my family to eat on while I was away.
Crock Pot Garlic Honey Mustard Ham Ingredients
This ham was harder to thaw out than to make. You need four ingredients, a blender, and a crock pot to make this ham.
- Mustard - Dijon mustard works perfectly for this recipe to make a delicate honey mustard sauce. If you only have traditional yellow mustard, it will work. You will just have a bit more twang than with dijon mustard.
- Honey - Any liquid honey will work. If you can just buy a 16-ounce bottle, that will work to just pour without measuring.
- Garlic - Minced-up garlic cloves will be the best option from this ham recipe. If you have jarred minced garlic, that will work as well.
- Worcestershire sauce - There is no substitute for this ingredient. Just use it. WE all have this on hand in our fridge, right?
- Whole Ham - This recipe is for a 9+ pound ham. I use spiral cut hams most of the time, but a whole unsliced ham will work as well.
How to Make a Crock Pot Ham?
To make this is easy slow cooker ham recipe, start by making the honey mustard sauce in your blend. Pour a cup of Dijon Mustard, two cups of honey, ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce, and three cloves of garlic in a blender. Puree the mixture till all of the ingredients are combined.
And here comes the tricky part. I have a big crock pot...a 7-Quart Slow Cooker. But, I still could not get my ham in the crock pot with the large flat side down and put the lid on it.
It is full of flavor. Not too mustardy. Not too sweet. It is awesome. If you are looking for the perfect side for this hame, I recommend my loaded smashed potatoes. The leftovers are great for things like my chicken cordon bleu casserole or soup or scalloped potatoes and ham.
The perfect holiday ham can come to the table with lots of different flavors. Here are some additional ham recipes you can make for your holiday dinner.
Crock Pot Garlic Honey Mustard Ham
- 1, 8-10 pound spiral cut ham
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup Dijon Mustard
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Combine all ingredients except ham in your blender and pulse until well blended. Reserve one cup of glaze.
- Pour ½ cup of glaze in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place ham in crock pot, flat side down. Slowly pour glaze mixture over ham, making sure to get in between the spiral slices.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Pour remaining glaze mixture over the ham and cook on low until ready to serve.
Be sure to check out the other great recipes for Hunk of Meat Monday!
Affiliate links were used.