It’s that time of month again…Crazy Cooking Challenge time! This month’s challenge is mashed potatoes. I instantly knew what I want to make. I had seen Abuelos Papas con Chile recipe over on Mommy Travels and was just waiting for the right time to make them. These will become a staple in our house. They were fantastic!
I then prepped the rest of the ingredients.
Once the potatoes were soft, I added the remaining ingredients – peppers, onions, velveeta, cream cheese, sour cream, cream, garlic and green onions.
I used a hand masher to incorporate all the ingredients into the potatoes.
They were divine smelling. Let’s be honest, I stuck my finger in for a big taste.
I had made carnitas in the crock pot and these potatoes were the perfect side dish.
Be sure to check out some other great mashed potato recipes at the blog hop below. Press the like button under my thumbnail too!
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ diced red bell peppers
- 2-4 ounce cans of chopped green chiles
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapeno, seeded
- Place cubed potatoes into a pot of water covering completely. Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mash potatoes until all the ingredients are incorporated.