As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s that time of the month again…Crazy Cooking Challenge time! This month’s challenge is mashed potatoes. I instantly knew what I want to make. I had seen Abuelos Papas con Chile recipe over on Mommy Travels and was just waiting for the right time to make them. These will become a staple in our house. They were fantastic!
Abuelos Papa con Chile
Simply start by boiling red potatoes that have been quartered.
I then prepped the rest of the ingredients.
Once the potatoes were soft, I added the remaining ingredients – peppers, onions, Velveeta, cream cheese, sour cream, cream, garlic, and green onions.
I used a hand masher to incorporate all the ingredients into the potatoes.
They were divine smelling. Let’s be honest, I stuck my finger in for a big taste.
I had made carnitas in the crock pot and these potatoes were the perfect side dish.
Be sure to check out some other great mashed potato recipes at the blog hop below. Press the like button under my thumbnail too!
Abuelo’s Papas con Chile - Mexican Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds red potatoes quartered
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces Velveeta cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 diced red bell peppers
- 2-4 ounce cans of chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapeno seeded
- Place cubed potatoes into a pot of water covering completely. Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mash potatoes until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Low-Carb Chili - September 13, 2019
- Sloppy Joe Boats - September 8, 2019
- Low-Carb Jalapeno Popper Meatballs with Low-Carb Cheese Sauce - September 5, 2019