I don’t know how everyone can make meal plans for the week and stick to it. I am secretly envious of your planning what you are going to be craving skills. For me, I usually have a craving and make what I am craving. Something like 3 Cheese Baked Spaghetti.
I bring you my latest creation based on what momma was craving…Three cheese baked spaghetti.
3 Cheese Baked Spaghetti
My first recommendation for baked spaghetti is to buy cut spaghetti. It is my new pasta love. I know, I could just break long spaghetti into pieces, but then you have spaghetti fly EVERYWHERE. So, get your spaghetti cooking, a half a pound to be exact.
The second recommendation for baked spaghetti is use ground pork or combination of ground beef and pork. And of course, my recommendation is to cook a pound of meat in the micro cooker.
Once the meat and spaghetti are cooked, put the spaghetti in a large bowl and add one egg, one cup of cottage cheese, one cup of mozzarella and a half a cup of Parmesan cheese.
In the micro cooker add one jar of spaghetti sauce, one teaspoon of Italian seasoning, one teaspoon of garlic powder and salt, and a half a teaspoon of pepper.
Then mix the meat with the spaghetti and cheese. Pour it all into a large casserole dish or 13 x 9 pan.
Top it with another cup to cup and a half of mozzarella cheese and half a cup of Parmesan cheese.
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes, until it is bubbly and all the cheese is melted.
Plated up with a beer biscuit and momma was in heaven.
- 8 ounces of dry spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef or pork
- 1, 28 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions and brown ground meat.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a large bowl and mix cottage cheese, half of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella cheese, and egg together. In a separate bowl mix together sauce, browned meat and seasonings.
- Pour meat sauce into spaghetti and cheese and mix to combine.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes till bubbly and cheese is melted.
What have you been craving? Do share your recent cravings. Can’t wait to see what meaty creations you have feasted on!