As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you registered yet for the 101 Cozy Casseroles from Gooseberry Patch giveaway yet? Here is the Kickin’ King Ranch Chicken Casserole I talked about in the giveaway.
Like the ravioli casserole, this was an easy recipe with standard ingredients that most people have on hand. I only made half of this recipe for us. I wasn’t sure how it would freeze with the tortilla chips in it. If you have ever frozen a recipe like this, let me know how it worked!
Kickin’ King Ranch Chicken Casserole
This casserole called for cooked cubed chicken. This momma stopped and bought a rotisserie chicken on the way home to make the chicken cooking faster:)
I then added the cream of mushroom and chicken soup, Rotelle, and spices. I left the water out of the recipe. The mixture seemed pretty moist without the water.
The Kickin’ Ranch Chicken Casserole recipe has a little heat to it with the chili powder, which we loved. However, if you are a family that doesn’t like a lot of heat, then you may want to cut back on the chili powder. But, boy is it good. We ate it with some of the tortilla chips that were left.
- 3-4 chicken breasts and/or thighs shredded or cubed
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotelle 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded colby jack
- Shred or cube 3-4 cooked chicken breasts or thighs that have had the skin removed.
- Add the soups, Rotelle, and seasonings to the chicken in a large bowl and mix together.
- Put a single layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour the chicken filling over the chips, covering completely.
- Sprinkle the chicken filling with the shredded cheese to cover completely.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.
What do you have cooking this week? Don’t forget to go register for the 101 Cozy Casseroles cookbook too!