As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes a simple recipe like this crustless bacon and spinach quiche is a must make. This quiche is a great low-carb recipe. It is definitely one of my favorite breakfast recipes.
When I was little I could go to grandma and grandpa’s farm and ride up and down the aisles of the hen house with grandpa pushing the cart as we collected eggs. I wish I could find the pictures of this. I feel like the smell of chicken litter is engrained in my memory because of this. So, in honor of this very fond memory, I am bringing you a bacon and spinach quiche. In honor of my grandpa who was diagnosed late in life with celiac disease, I am sharing a crustless version.
Crustless Bacon and Spinach Quiche
Now the key to my family eating anything with spinach in it is to add bacon. Bacon is the beginning of all things breakfast. Then add onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese in addition to the spinach and garlic that round this out. I have had lots of fresh herbs as well. Toss in some parsley and thyme as well. Now, I put the layers of spinach that has been wilted in bacon fat. Come on people, you know this sounds amazing. Followed by bacon and mushrooms and tomatoes. I mix the shredded cheese into the eggs along with milk.
Pour the egg, milk and cheese mixture over the veggies and bacon and then bake on 375 for 30-40 minutes. You want the eggs to be completely cooked and springy to the touch when the crustless quiche is done.
- Skip the crust. You don’t need it and won’t miss it.
- Don’t add flour or cornstarch. Many quiche recipes call for flour or cornstarch in the recipe. Don’t need it. Just skip it.
- Use lots of protein and low-carb veggies. Don’t overdo the onions or garlic. They can carry sneaky carbs.
Low-Carb Breakfast Recipes
Crustless bacon and spinach quiche recipe is full of flavor even without the crust making it a great breakfast for low carb diets.
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach packed
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 4-5 button mushrooms diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in reserved bacon grease. When spinach is just wilted move spinach and onions to a well butter pie dish.
- Layer bacon, quick sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes over spinach.
- Combine the eggs, cream, fresh herbs, cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture on top of spinach and veggies.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020