Pork Chops are one of those affordable cuts of meat that when not prepared correctly can turn out tough and dry. There are several pork chop recipes that are my go-to recipes. I love my cast iron skillet pork chops and the baked cheesy brown sugar garlic pork chops are always a hit. Since we love pork chops, I decided to combine one of my favorite crock pot chicken recipes, crock pot angel chicken, with pork chops and my Instant Pot to create a new quick pork chop recipe. Instant Pot Angel pork chops recipe combines wine, Italian seasonings, onions and mushrooms with cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese for a rich and creamy pork chop recipe.
The ingredients of Instant Pot Angel Pork Chops are staples in my kitchen. Italian dressing mix, onions, mushrooms, butter, cream cheese, cream of mushroom soup, and wine. Any recipe that calls for wine is sure to be a hit with me!
Begin by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper. Turn the Instant Pot to saute and put two tablespoons of butter in the Instant Pot. I used my 8-quart Instant Pot Ultra. This bad boy makes my duo look like an amateur Instant Pot. Place the pork chops in the Instant Pot to brown.
While the pork chops are sauteing, cut up the onions and mushrooms. If you do not like onions or mushrooms, these can be left out of the recipe. Roughly chop the onion and quarter the button mushrooms.
When the pork chops have been browned on both sides, pull them out of the Instant Pot and deglaze the pan with white wine. Use about a cup of white wine. Then add the Italian dressing mix to the wine. Bring the combination to a boil.
Add the pork chops back to the crock pot. I stood my pork chops up against each other, bone down if you used bone-in pork chops. Then top the pork chops off with the chopped onions and mushrooms. Top the onions and mushrooms with two tablespoons of butter. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cancel the saute setting and put it to meat or stew for 10 minutes on high pressure.
When the time is up you can quick release the pressure to release the pressure. Remove the pork chops again from the Instant Pot. Add cream cheese and a can of mushroom soup to the Instant Pot with the remaining wine, onions, and mushrooms. Switch the Instant Pot back to saute and stir as the cream cheese melts.
When soup and cream cheese are completely melted and combined, add the pork chops back to the mix and keep Instant Pot on the warm setting until ready to eat. If you are gluten-free, use my gluten-free cream of mushroom soup recipe
Instant Pot Angel Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, boneless or bone-in
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 packet Italian Seasoning Mix
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered can be omitted
- 1 onion, roughly chopped can be omitted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10.5 ounce can
- Salt and Pepper
- With the Instant Pot set to saute, melt two tablespoons of butter. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the instant pot and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- While the pork chops are browning, chop the mushrooms and onions. When both sides of the pork chops are browned, remove from Instant Pot.
- Pour the wine into the Instant Pot and deglaze the pan. Dump in the Italian Seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add the pork chops back to the Instant Pot. I cooked them standing up and laying against each other. Top with the onions and mushrooms. Add the remaining two tablespoons of butter to the top of the onions and mushrooms.
- Change the setting to meat and stew or manual. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the pressure cooking is done, quick release. Remove the pork chops leaving the juice. Add the cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup to the pot. Move the IP setting to saute and stir until the cream cheese is melted and dissolved with the soup.
- Add the pork chops back to the IP and keep warm until ready to eat. Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021