I miss potatoes the most on the keto diet. Creamy mashed or french fried, potatoes are what dreams are made of for me. Keto mashed cauliflower casserole with bacon and cheese is the closest thing I have ever gotten to a low-carb version of a loaded mashed potato casserole. It is incredible! Your dreams of the perfect keto side dish are here with this cheesy bacon cauliflower casserole.
Keto loaded mashed cauliflower casserole is loaded with white cheddar cheese and bacon while made as smooth as mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese and baked to perfection. This recipe is super easy to make as well as being gluten-free and low-carb.
The ingredients for a mashed cauliflower casserole are just like the ingredients in a loaded mashed potato casserole. The steamed cauliflower is combined with cream cheese, sour cream, white cheddar cheese, and bacon for a creamy and delicious combination that won't even have you longing for carbs.
Steam the cauliflower and then transfer it to your food processor or blender for mashing. I added a pat of butter to the blender to make the cauliflower nice and smooth. Then dump the pureed cauliflower into a bowl.
To the bowl of cauliflower add cream cheese, sour cream, shredded white cheddar, and bacon bits. Season with salt and pepper or a peppery seasoned salt.
Spread the mixture out in a 2-quart casserole dish that is oven safe. Then over the top of the mashed cauliflower, spread additional white cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
Bake the loaded cauliflower casserole on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese and bacon or golden and bubbly. The cheesy bacon cauliflower casserole is rich and creamy giving all your carb cravings reprieve without any of the carbs.
- Cook the cauliflower fully before mashing or pureeing it. Nobody likes lumpy faux potatoes.
- Don't have time to fry up the bacon for bacon pieces, just use some bacon pieces instead. I buy the big black bag at Sam's club.
- Buy your white cheddar cheese in a block and shred yourself. I couldn't find shredded white cheddar cheese in my stores.
- I used my favorite season salt in the casserole, but just a regular salt and pepper with a hint of paprika will work too.
Keto Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fried bacon pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- Steam the cauliflower in an Instant Pot for three minutes, cut up in pieces in a steamer basket with a cup of water in the bottom.
- Puree the cauliflower in a food processor or blender with a small pat of butter. Then pour into a bowl.
- Combine half the cheddar cheese ¾ of the bacon in the cauliflower along with the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in the season salt.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole dish. Top with the remaining shredded white cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and golden around the edges.