For those who are trying to watch their carb intake, finding a filling soup can be a challenge. This crock pot low-carb lasagna soup was super simple and loved by my family who isn’t on a low-carb diet. Creamy, rich, and meaty make this crock pot low-carb lasagna soup recipe one I will make over and over.
I know lots of you have probably tried my crock pot low-carb taco soup. This soup is very similar but a few easy tweaks to make it really taste like lasagna.
Crock Pot Low-Carb Lasagna Soup
Hearty is the best way to describe this lasagna soup. I make a yummy lasagna soup with pasta and really was craving it. I used the lasagna soup for inspiration for this low-carb lasagna soup.
The base of the soup is ground pork. Easily can substitute ground beef for the pork. Either will work just fine. I cook the ground pork directly in the crock pot. While the meat is cooking, have onions, fire-roasted canned tomatoes, and seasonings in the crock pot.
Break up the meat after it has cooked and then add beef broth. I added one can or two cups of beef broth to this soup. It was not very soupy, so if you like a runnier soup, feel free to add more liquid.
As for the creaminess for the soup, I actually put a cup of cottage cheese in the blender and liquified it. Then added another half cup of heavy whipping cream to the soup.
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- 2 pounds of ground pork or Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian Sausage seasoning, omit if using Italian sausage
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Italian blend herbs
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 cups of beef broth or one 14.5-ounce can
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- Place meat, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings in the crock pot on high for two hours.
- Break up meat and stir to combine. If meat is still pink, pour beef broth in the crock pot a let cook for another hour on high.
- When meat is cooked completely, place cottage cheese in the blender and liquefy.
- Pour into the soup along with the cream. Stir to combine.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook till ready to eat.
- Right before eating, stir in remaining cheeses or use as the garnish to each bowl of soup.
- Add fresh basil to each bowl of soup as well.
Be sure to check out all the great recipes at the weekly meal plan.