Desserts can be a challenge when you are gluten-free. Baked goods made with non-wheat flours can really taste like cardboard. Finally, I have found a cookie bar recipe that is flourless and doesn't taste like a box. If you are eating low-carb this gluten-free monster cookie bars recipe is not the solution for you. But if you are looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe, look no further.
Gluten-Free Monster Cookie bars are a flourless cookie cake recipe combining peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and M & Ms to create a chewy chocolate cookie treat. My kids didn't even miss the flour and I could still enjoy the treat with them.
These are the perfect cookie to make for any holiday party. I made them for Valentine's but will be making them all year long with whatever holiday M&Ms are in the stores. No holiday, no problem, I will just use the traditional colors.
- old-fashioned oatmeal
- quick oats
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- M & Ms.
Begin making the gluten-free monster cookie bars by mixing the softened butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugars together. When blended to a creamy state, add eggs and vanilla. I used a handheld mixer to combine. The batter at this point should be a fluffy consistency.
In a pizza pan or bar cookie pan like mine shaped like a heart, spread the gluten-free monster cookie bars out to the edges.
Bake the cookie bars on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. The outside edges will be golden brown while the inside of the cookie will still be soft. The cookie will continue to bake after you take it from the oven.
Valentine's Day Treats
Gluten-Free Monster Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ teapsoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms
- In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, butter, and sugars with a hand or stand mixer. Once combined, add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- To the peanut butter and egg mixture, add the oats and baking soda. Mix with the mixer and remove when combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Spread into a greased cookie bar pan or pizza pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. The edges of cookies will be golden brown while the middle of the cookie will be lighter in color and appear somewhat soft still.
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021