When you are eating low-carb, it is sometimes incredibly hard to make a meal everyone can enjoy if someone is not also eating a low-carb diet plan. I am constantly trying to create versatile recipes that are easy to serve the whole family. Cube steak beef stroganoff recipe is one that is made gluten-free and can be served over noodles or rice for your family while it is also great over cauliflower rice for a low-carb beef stroganoff. Your family may not even mind your low-carb beef stroganoff if they love cauliflower.
This is also a super quick meal that can be done in under 30 minutes. This is one of the things I love about cube steak. It cooks quick. Cube Steak Beef Stroganoff is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
The ingredients for this gluten-free beef stroganoff includes a homemade gluten-free cream of mushroom soup or you can buy gluten-free Progresso cream of mushroom soup. Since this is a quickly cooked meal, I also use my go-to Better than Bouillon roasted beef base. The remaining ingredients are a standard place with a beef stroganoff recipe, onions, mushrooms, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and steak seasoning.
Start by slicing the cube steak against the grain. This will help make it more tender. I end up cutting at a diagonal to the cubing cuts. When the steak is sliced, add to a hot skillet with a tablespoon of butter and steak seasoning. When the beef is browned on all sides, add more butter plus sliced onions and mushrooms.
Stir the onions and mushrooms into the cube steak strips. After several minutes, the onions and mushrooms should be soft. Add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream to the beef, onions, and mushrooms. I also add additional diced onions now too. I love the taste of fresh onions in my beef stroganoff.
Stir to combine and bring up to a slow bubble and turn to low heat. At this point, you are ready to serve. While the meat is cooking, you can prepare your noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice for the bed of the cube steak beef stroganoff.
The low-carb beef stroganoff is the perfect comfort food. You seriously will be treating yourself to comfort food with this recipe. Plus, if your family isn't eating low-carb they won't mind with this recipe.
Cube Steak Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound beef cube steak
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon beef paste
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1.5 cups gluten-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound noodles, rice, or rice cauliflower
- Slice the cube steak against the grain or on a diagonal to the cubing marks. Place in a large skillet over medium-high heat with one tablespoon of butter and the steak seasoning.
- When the steak is browned, add ¾ of the diced onion, all of the mushrooms and the remaining butter. Stir to combine and cook for several minutes until onions and mushrooms are soft.
- To the skillet then add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Stir to combine. Add the remaining onions. Cook until the sauce begins to bubble and turn to simmer.
- While you are making the stroganoff, prepare the noodles, rice, or cauliflower rice to serve the stroganoff on.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021