Thanks to the sous vide egg bites from Starbucks, I have a love for velvety smooth eggs. Whether my sous vide egg bites or Ninja Foodi Crustless Quiche, I have perfected velvety smooth eggs. Now, I have mastered the velvety smooth eggs in this easy bacon and cheese quiche.
Easy bacon and cheese quiche is made quickly in a blender and poured into a store-bought pie crust that has been filled with bacon and shredded cheese for a velvety smooth quiche. After baking, this quiche can be enjoyed or popped in the freezer for use at a later date.
The ingredients in this quiche are your standard eggs, cheese, and bacon you can assume from the title. But in addition to the standard ingredients are cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese with cream cheese in it as well as seasonings. The pie crust is the holder of all of this goodness. Feel free to make one from scratch, or be like me and buy one at the store.
The key to the velvety egg texture is the smooth mixing of the eggs with cottage cheese and shredded mozzarella with cream cheese. I love using my Ninja blender cups for this. Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and shredded cheese in the cups and then blend.
While you are mixing the eggs, pop the pie crust in the oven. You can use a frozen pie shell in a pie pan already or roll out a refrigerator pie crust into one of your pie pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the pie crust. Bake on 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Pull the pie crust out and line the bottom of shredded colby jack cheese and then when crumbled bacon or bacon crumbles. I love the bacon crumbles from sam's club.
Finally, put back in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Every oven is slightly different so bake until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before cutting to let the eggs continue to set up.
Slice the quiche and serve with a side of country potatoes, fruit, or even a simple green salad. This easy quiche recipe will be perfect for brunch or breakfast on Christmas morning.
- For best results, use a deep pie plate to make this quiche.
- If you don't like bacon, the bacon can be omitted or replaced with cooked ham, sausage, or chicken.
- Colby-Jack cheese can also be changed up with whatever cheese is your favorite. Pepper-Jack would be one way to add some spice.
- If you are eating low-carb, the crust can completely be omitted. The crustless cheese and bacon quiche recipe is a perfect low-carb quiche recipe.
Easy Quiche Recipes
Easy Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- 1 pie crust
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese with cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- ½ cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- Place the pie crust in a deep-dish pie pan. Poke the bottom of the pie crust with a fork several times. Bake on 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and seasoning salt in a blender cup. Put the blade lid on and blend for 30 seconds or until completely pureed.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven. Spread the colby-jack cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Top the cheese with the bacon crumbles.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bacon.
- Bake on 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and with no runny eggs.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021