This easy fresh berry trifle recipe just combines angel food cake, vanilla pudding & Cool Whip topped with fresh berries to make a light summer dessert. I know you want a big ole’ spoonful of this sweet and yummy goodness my easy fresh berry trifle recipe provides. I can’t blame you. I have made it twice in a week. We are all pretty much hooked. And did I mention it is simple to make… semihomemade at its finest! And you can see it can be made two different ways!
Easy Fresh Berry Trifle Recipe
Start with a store-bought angel food cake. A big one or the individual cakes. I found the individual ones at Costco. No pressure and fairly affordable.
Once the cake is ready, grab a package of instant vanilla pudding and two cups of cold milk. I might have used 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk with an additional 1/2 cup of milk.
Mix together with pudding mix for two minutes.
Now, if you like cream cheese, add about 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and about 2/3 of a container of cool whip.
I also add a teaspoon of vanilla. I really like the vanilla flavor.
Pour over the angel food cake pieces.
Pop in the fridge for a few minutes to let the pudding mixture set up a little.
Then cover with the remaining cool whip and an additional half a container. This is for a 13 x 9 pan again. If using a square pan, put a little less cool whip in the pudding and use remaining on top. Then begin to add the berries of choice. About 2 cups total of berries.
Fresh Fruit Recipes
Love this dessert, you will also love these fresh fruit recipes too.
Easy Fresh Berry Trifle
- 1 whole Prepared Angel Food Cake store Bought Or Your Favorite Recipe
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix 1.5 Oz
- 4 ounces weight Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-½ container Cool Whip 8 Ounce Containers
- 2 cups Fresh Berries strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries Or Combination
- Tear angel food cake into bite size pieces and line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix cold milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and mix completely together. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Fold in 2/3 of a container of Cool Whip.
- Pour over angel food cake and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Use the remaining 1/3 container of Cool Whip and about ½ of the other container of Cool Whip and completely cover the cake and pudding.
- Add berries and refrigerate until ready to serve.