As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some nights supper is such a last minute thought I wonder why I even try. Most nights I just want to heat up hot dogs for the kids and throw some apple slices at them. Ok, let’s be honest, I do that sometimes. I am a long way from creative or inspired most weeknights. Sometimes I wish I was organized to make a list of items to have in the pantry, fridge or freezer for quick meal prep, but tonight that didn’t exist. I was really craving these little cheesy sausage bagels that my friend, Heather, makes from fresh pork sausage.
Start by splitting apart a bag of mini bagels. These bagels are sold at Wal-Mart and Aldi’s in the bread areas. There are about a dozen bagels in a bag. So, you get quite a few. I have reheated these in the microwave for breakfast, so go ahead and make them all.
Brown a pound of sausage on the stove top or in your micro cooker. When it is complete browned, add about 8 ounces of velveeta and few teaspoons of dried parsley.
- 1 pound ground pork or sausage
- 8 ounces of Velveeta
- 2 teaspoons of parsley
- 1 bag of mini bagels
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground pork, drain any extra grease and return to pan.
- Mix in Velveeta cheese and parsley till cheese is completely melted and mixed into ground pork.
- Split bagels in half and top each with meat and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
25 Quick Weeknight Meals
But, I am going to get more organized for inspiration. So, I have started organizing on Pinterest.
Lot’s of people suggested breakfast for supper when I vented on Facebook. So, here are some thoughts for that next time…
Breakfast for Supper
Ground Beef or Pork Recipes
We have lots of ground pork and beef at our house. So, I needed some go to ground meat dishes.
I know, some of you are saying, seriously, we are a chicken house. I love chicken and turkey too. Here are some easy, quick chicken recipes.
Beyer Kid Favorites
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020
- Keto Tuscan Sausage Soup with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - February 3, 2020